Who Are we?
The Westshore Rotary Club is made up of people who like people and enjoy coming together to cook-up new ideas to do good in the world. We are volunteers who like to laugh, learn and work together for the benefit of others. Currently, our membership includes 25+ friendly men and women ranging in age from 20's to 70's. We are from a variety of business, professional, service and not-for-profit vocational backgrounds.
Come out and join us each Friday at noon at the Alexander Mackie Lodge (753 Station Ave, Langford BC, room 429).
Discover Your Passion
'Help Near, Helping Far' is our motto.
We have fun coming together each week to learn about our local and global communities.
Some of our recent Helping Near projects include:
- Community BBQ's for Muscular Dystrophy, Westshore Warrior football team, Goldstream Food Bank, school music programs & school lunch programs.
- Books for a literacy campaign for pre-school children
- Books and volunteer support for a literacy project for First Nations children
- Volunteer and financial Food Bank support
- Financial support for an Anti-bullying campaign in local schools
- Volunteer and financial support for the Salvation Army’s WestShore Community Christmas Dinner
- Volunteer support for WestShore community events (parades, Easter Egg Hunt, etc.)
Some of our recent Helping Afar projects include:
- Scholarships for two girls to a high school we helped found in Malawi
- Financial support for a school water well in Malawi
- Text books for a school in Uganda
- Financial support for a school water well in Uganda
- Financial support for a school in Rwanda
- Financial support for a Mothers’ education program in Bangladesh
- Financial support for disaster aid to the Philippines
But our biggest event of the year is our annual Chilli Cook Off at the end of August. Each year at Millstream Village people come and taste 13+ Chilli dishes and vote for the best one.